Monday, November 19, 2012

Did that Happen and Where are we going?


I know the elections have wrapped up but I try to stay off social media for certain reason and now I remember. I saw that a close friend posted some negative language on my Facebook if I do nothing else I try my best to refrain from using negative language. Although I did not support the Republican Party candidate, I did not say anything negative about the candidate. Here is part of my rant. Plain and simple if you do not like what is on my social media pages I suggest stay off my page and more importantly ignore what I wrote as I ignored your comments.  In reading the negative comments posted on my feed I noticed that there were many people who very upset about this election and upset to the fact that they found the need to disrespect the position of the POTUS. It is disheartening to be reminded that although we say have come so far. We as a country really have not went anywhere and in some many ways we find out how people we thought we knew are stuck in a mind frame that is in the 50s and 60s. These are the same people who say that the race of the President did not matter but had post related to race of the POTUS in negative way. In writing my paper some of the people I interviewed mentioned the election and how they found out how much color of skin matters to so many people. On this journey of getting over race has the US really made strides is what I ask myself. In my own personal opinion we still have such a very long road to journey on and I wonder if we will ever reach the strides we claim we have made. It is time to unpack the real luggage and take the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment