Monday, October 29, 2012

So Many Factors


Let me start by saying I do not have any kids but I want the same opportunities that my kids will have for all kids. I also know that thinking all school can be modeled after elite schools in a little naive and optimistic. But I guess I will live in that la, la land. I just do not understand why any child should have to suffer because they did not choose to live in the neighborhood they live in. They did not even choose to be a part of this crazy world. For me because of how screwed up hand I feel like kids are being dealt in schools I do intend on homeschooling my children.  I agree with Kumashiro's argument! If these schools are where it is at and having waiting list twice the amount of spaces that they have available. These schools are doing something right and why can they not be where the standards begin. I believe that the resources these students have in their schools should be available. I do not care what school you are a part of there are going to be problems. I cannot remember who made the comment in class, but it is surely a matter of those who parents who live in better neighborhoods and can afford to send their kids to better school wanting everyone to have the same opportunity as their child. If you think you might not have gang bangers in your schools you have cliques which are the same whether you want to look at it. You have kids whose parents did drugs while they were in the womb and you have kids who can afford drugs and are using them. It depends how you want to look at this problem.  Because reforms are after the wrong motive of money and popularity of someone, schools are totally missing the entire prescription they need. He also mentioned in his book there are so many factors to include in this factor of what is wrong with schools and how to fix them.

No comments:

Post a Comment